Wednesday, June 15, 2011

min galna resa till IKEA!!!

Did a quick trip to IKEA to grab some essentials for the new digs...

While checking out the "As Is" section first, I found the kitchen cart I really wanted! There it was, waiting for me to take it home. So I tossed it on a cart and I held on to it for dear life, I didn't want anybody to get their hands on my amazing find!! Best part was the price!!
I don't know why things are better when you find them for cheap!!

Besides the kitchen cart, I needed some basics for the digs. I got a set of pots and pans, sheets, kitchen storage containers. 

All of my lovely things had to fit in my car. Well my car in not a big car. Lola is only a Corolla. 

With a bit of help to lift it up and some string we got it secure to the roof...



 

All tied down...



 

Three big bags full of goodies...



I carry a bag everywhere with color samples, pillows, and pictures of  materials wanted and needed for the digs.


Glad nobody needed to sit in the backseat on this trip!!





I see me...



 


Somewhere in there is the yummy golden yellow velvet lampshade I picked up in the As Is bins for only $10!!!!













This weekend is all about the painting!! The Kitchen Cart will get some paint too. The top bit will be kept natural with a nice waxing, but the bottom half will be grey like the rest of the place.


I will be posting pics of the painting process...







No comments:

Post a Comment